Thursday, March 24, 2011

How I Spent My Overage @ Walmart

I am *LOVING* the new Coupon Policy @ Walmart! If you've not heard yet they now give OVERAGE from coupons as long as you have items in your cart to cover it! I knew I HAD to try this out, so I ordered 20 coupons for $3 off ANY Gain Fabric Softener (expires 03/31/11) from a clipping site. I planned to purchase the 40ct box of Gain Softener Sheets (Original or Island Fresh) for $1.87 each and use the $3 off coupon, which has no size restrictions! Each box should give $1.13 in overage, so I should score a total of $22.60 in OVERAGE! I planned to use it wisely on things that are regularly on my grocery list like milk, toilet paper, lunch items, snacks, etc!




Here is a price breakdown ..................

(20) Gain Softener Sheets, 40ct box $1.87 ea = $37.40

(2) Kraft Natural Cheese 9.5oz BONUS Block $2.08 ea = $4.16 (used $1/2 blinkie)

(2) Sunbelt Fruit & Grain Bars $2.08 ea = $4.16

Charmin Basic 12 Double Roll Pk Toilet Paper $5.37 (used $.25 coupon)

Tyson "30% More" Chicken Patties $4.98

Milk (Gallon) $2.58

Great Value Hamburger Buns $1.24

Lay's Stacks $1.00

Lays Ruffles (small bag) $.98

Reese Pieces $.50

Total: $62.37 + tax

minus $61.25 worth of coupons!!

TOTAL OOP: $3.79 (mainly tax)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I printed the Coupon Policy and carried it with me just in case, but I didnt have any problems whatsoever! I did have to split everything in my cart into five small transactions because this specific coupon states no more than "4" in the same transaction. I had all of my coupons and items split and ready to go, so everything went smoothly and quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment